Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Fickle Finger

I'm posting this from a hotel room in MA. Our travel plans have been postponed for this weekend. The threat of a massive ice storm, airport delays, turbulence, then more bad weather, no cherry blooms left, drenching rains, a nor'easter and more airport delays and turbulence just was too much for us to chance. In our younger days, we would have thrown caution to the wind. In our younger days, we wouldn't have listened to that little voice inside. We are older and, it is hoped, wiser so we have rescheduled the trip for Memorial Day in hopes the weather will be kinder. It will be a different trip, a different experience at the Vietnam Memorial and it will provide for a totally different type of photo opportunity. Those elusive cherry blossoms will have to wait for another year. There has been one positive for this expedition. I'm posting this from the road due to technology called a wireless network interface. In other words, I'm able to use some one's Internet provider ( the hotel where we're staying ) without being plugged into their mainframe. I purchased a network interface card (NIC), plugged in and logged on. I don't know why I haven't done this on other trips because now, I can check and send e-mails, make blog entries and even upload "hot off the presses" photos, when I can actually take them, that is.

No comments: