Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sick As A Dog

I’m sick as a dog and made even more so by the mere fact that I took DayQuil every four hours yesterday so I could tolerate flying with such a miserable head cold. My savior was a less than full plane from Seattle to Boston. In fact, the plane had so few people on board, both Carl and I had three seats each to stretch out on. I did my best to hook the seatbelt over my prone body and drifted off to sleep, a feat I’ve only managed to do a few times in my more than thirty five years of flying. Now, after almost passing out on the plane from the medicine, I’m not looking forward to going home. It’s cold in New Hampshire, more than 25 below zero last night and snow up to my knees. It isn’t easy to get out in those conditions to take pictures. It’s my least favorite time of year.

No comments: