Friday, May 11, 2007

Packing Is A Thankless Job

My sleep was interrupted this morning by a fight with my former boss. There ought to be a law against previous employers invading your dreams, don't you think? By the time I got through reading him the riot act, I was too awake to fall back to sleep. Instead, my thoughts turned to the very long list (yes, I'm back at it again) of things I have to accomplish today. Normally, there wouldn't be much of a rush but today I have to get my husband's car serviced and pack for a few days away. It isn't anything exotic this time, just a short week in North Conway. Still, the suitcase needs to come out of the closet after having only been there just a few days. While in North Conway, my husband will still travel back and forth to work and I will have a different sort of scenery to wander through in hopes of capturing that perfect image. Anyone who knows North Conway in May isn't getting too excited about that happening. The buds on most trees are just barely swelling and the only leaves that have begun to show their true colors are the Poplars. There are traces of green in the woods, a few ferns and the slightest hint of what will become trillium and lady slippers. I did spot some trout lilies blooming on my way back from Campton yesterday. So that's the photo of the day.

No comments: