Sunday, September 2, 2007

Change Of Seasons

Sometimes, while sitting for hours at an event, there’s nothing to do while other times, things happen with surprising rapidity. Take this weekend at Quechee, VT. It was the middle day of a three day event and it was really hot. The vendor next to us called out to me and asked if I had my camera handy because there was something in the tree across the parking lot. It was a Peregrine Falcon perched high in a Pine Tree overhead. That was fun. Later, a lady walked by and I heard that same neighbor call out to grab my camera. There, in front of my exhibit area was a little girl, no more than three years old, trying to walk with two of the largest baskets I’d ever seen. I just couldn’t resist! That night, the temperature changed from summertime to autumn and dropped to 37 degrees. And, as luck would have it, the heater wouldn't work in the camper.

No comments: