Monday, March 26, 2007

Do You Have A "Things To Do" List?


Like most people, I tend to make lists of things to do. Slowly, I'll work my way through the least objectionable of them before I tire of this and throw the list away. It isn't too long before I've made another list. I can't help myself. Just before one of our big trips, I can't remember which one, I made several lists like what to pack, what to buy, documents needed and so forth. It is a fact that I had so many lists I needed a list of my lists. True Story!
Anyway, today is like that. I need to begin a list of things to get accomplished before my show season starts the end of April. I have mentioned how I have a slow time when I have lots of time to get things done but, in reality, with 5 galleries and a retail store to keep up with, some weeks have turned out to be a bit of a blur. So number one on my list for today is to get out into the studio and remove some older images, that for whatever reason haven't sold, from the perfectly good frames they have been occupying. This will give me a good idea of where I stand before I have to order new ones. My framer has recently moved and now it's going to cost more to get the frames to me. They still require me to order a minimum of six dozen frames which ads up to somewhere around $1600. You can see why I need an accurate picture of my inventory before I jump in.
The photo for today reminds me of myself, just sitting around and waiting for something. I don't know what but when it happens, I'll know. The truck, in Bethlehem, NH is a 1930 something Dodge but the plates on it say 1989. Any bets on if it was running in 1989?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture! Are there any farms around where you live, or barn yards with cows or chickens? Just wondering. Love your work always!