Monday, March 19, 2007

Why The Suitcase

My posts have covered a lot of ground but they do share two common threads, my love of travel and photography. My portfolio includes photos shot in Australia, Hawaii, many islands of the Caribbean, Egypt, Holland, Mexico and Fanning Island and while it's true that my husband, Carl, and I are fortunate to have traveled over the world, it's Carl who is fond of saying that he has visited 6 of 7 continents, just lacking Antarctica. There are no current plans for this trip.
There are lots of suitcases involved when we travel but not all of them have clothes inside. Most carry tripods, battery chargers, external Cd burner, power converters, extension cords, jump drives and anything else I can think of that I might need on the trip. Granted, most of the time, there are camera shops within a few hour's drive but I hate to go unprepared.
I don't take a suitcase filled with gear when we travel nearby but there is still a lot of stuff that gets loaded into the truck for a short outing, things like my laptop, power converter, tripod and lots of spare batteries.

No comments: