Sunday, March 18, 2007

It's A Gas


People are always asking me if I have any hot air balloon images when I do my shows. So, we investigated the best spot to get these beautiful photos. Without hesitation, it had to be Albuquerque, NM. There are countless other places but this one is the largest gathering of aerial enthusiasts in the United States. During our research, we discovered the next Fiesta was in three weeks so we began pulling all of the elements together to make it happen. My husband worked on plane, hotel and car reservations while I made sure the suitcases were packed, the camera gear was ready and admission to the massive event was secured. It doesn't sound like I had much to do but we were going to the high desert where temperatures can go below freezing in the early hours and rise to over 70 degrees in a matter of hours. Several changes of clothes would be needed. Batteries charged, laptop ready to travel and memory cards cleared, we took off for a fast paced four day photo shoot. There were over 900 registered balloons and I have 700 images to prove it. There's a heartwarming story that goes along with the bumblebee image. E-mail me if you'd like to hear about them or see more images from Albuquerque.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice website and blog. My best to you and Carl. I like the hot air balloon shot. It reminds me of my years up in Saratoga County, NY. There is a balloon event up there. I think you might like it. And it is not as far from NH.

The next time the both of you are in South Florida, be sure to drop by again.

Keep shooting the images and the breeze here. And thanks for letting me know about it. I added it to my "Favorites."

Tom