Monday, June 4, 2007

Lupines And Other Beauty

In spite of the unseasonable, cold, gray, rainy and just plain miserable weather we've been having, mother nature has put herself back on schedule. By that, I mean the flowers that should be blooming at this time of the year, lupines and lady slippers, are in fact blooming as we speak. This is good news because, first and foremost, this is my favorite time of year to get out and shoot. The weather is warm and the grass smells ever so sweet when I decide that kneeling or even sitting doesn't give me just that perfect approach to my subject. Secondly, and far less noble, it's time for the Lupine Festival in Sugar Hill, NH which begins on June 8th and runs through the 24th. For all three weekends of the Festival, I will be set up in a "Crafter's Village" at Harman's Cheese. It's a well known country store in the area famous for it's incredible assortment of cheeses and other delights. By village, I mean there will be more than 20 artisans set up representing a wide variety of work. Just down the road on the first weekend, at the Meeting House, will be the 6th Annual Fields Of Lupines Art Show with an additional 20 artisans exhibiting their skills. The lupines bloom for an extended period of time but past experience has taught me that they never last the entire three weeks so if you're going out for that perfect shot, go early. Mother Nature can take her bounty away as quickly as she brings it.

No comments: