Thursday, November 29, 2007

A Techie, I'm Not

The coolest thing happened a couple of days ago. I was in kind of a rush to get out the door and made a very quick post about when my readers might find me over the next couple of weeks. The post referred to the local Christmas tree farm in Bethlehem, NH and several other places both in NH and VT. What I wasn't prepared for was how truly remarkable technology can be. I received an e-mail from the photography editor of the very organization that I had mentioned in my previous post. She wrote how her computer had alerted her to my blog entry when I mentioned the state managed farm and wanted to know if I was interested in providing them with photos for their quarterly magazine. This is a great opportunity for me to showcase my work and more than 25,000 subscribers will have that magazine in their hands. But, my head hurts when I think of the kind of programs there are out there scanning the Internet for all kinds of information, entries in blogs, e-mails sent and received and so on. If there's a lesson to be learned here it's be careful! Be careful what you write, who you send to and where you allow your credit card information to be given out. Most of the time, this caution isn't necessary and knowledge gained from the Internet is a wonderful thing. Just remember, all I did was make a remark about a craft fair location and someone in Concord, NH was notified about my post. In the meantime, the holiday season is in full swing and I, totally in need of having my head examined, have just gone into a new cooperative venture in Lancaster, NH. The shop is called "Birds Of A Feather" and will feature the talents of local artisans. I'll pay a monthly rent and need to staff the store one day each month as I do in Lisbon and Campton, NH. May this store be as successful!!!

No comments: