Monday, August 6, 2012

A Day Of Expeditions


Today, I completed my very first navigation by Smart Phone. We needed to find the Wal-Mart in Plymouth to pick up a few thing. Go figure, us needing a Wal-Mart is kind of like a hummingbird needing nectar, right? So, I punched into the 4G lte Verizon Wireless network and searched for the location. Then the site very wisely offered me both turn by turn directions as well as a map. We arrived at our destination with no sexy lady’s voice to announce the feat, did our shopping and then I asked the smart phone to reverse our odyssey and get us home before the ice cream melted which it did although it probably wasn’t our smartest move to buy a quickly perishable item without benefit of a cooler or freezer bag. On our way home we passed several floating docks covered in diving birds, probably cormorants. The tide was on it’s way in and along with it must surely come a sumptuous buffet so they wait. Carl dumped me off to store our provisions while he dashed to the campground office to rent his fishing pole. He has it in his head to “provide for his family”. I have a box of Gorton’s in the freezer just in case. As it turned out later, Carl returned, sun burnt, frustrated and empty handed. I on the other hand had a great bone in rib eye steak ready to take center stage. Then, all we had to do was wait for the show, sunset I mean which was pretty nice. Note to self: Bring bug spray to tomorrow night’s sunset due to biting flies, mosquitoes and no see ums. We had them all.

No comments: