Thursday, March 17, 2016

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you all!

Addendum


We arrived at Brahmari Brew House about 45 minutes early and decided to enjoy their homemade sodas but which one? The answer was simple. The bartender set us up with a flight, one 4 oz. glass of each, of the four handcrafted and very uncharacteristic soft drinks. Carl and I both found one of the offerings not to our liking, two of them were ok and as luck would have it, we both thought the Thai Tea to be the most enjoyable.

Our driver / hostess for the 3 ½ hour tour was Jennifer who seemed both cordial and knowledgeable about the micro brewery business as well as the history of the area along with why Asheville has become the hub of specialty brews. I opted for the non-drinker experience since I would not call myself a drinker never mind a beer drinker. I did take a sip of two or three of the beers Carl thought I would like.

Our stops included Noble Hard Cider, Catawba Brewing, Hi-Wire and Green Man, the oldest of the breweries , established in 1997. Before I go any further, I have to tell you, in previous posts, I have misspelled Catawba and I want to apologize to any who might be bothered by this. Spell check didn’t honestly know what to do with the spelling.

Our evening ended back at the Brahmari House to enjoy a burger before heading back to Lake James State Park with me at the wheel. The non - drinker becomes the Designated Driver.

No comments: