Monday, June 18, 2007

Reminiscing

The plans are in motion for our trip to the Pacific Northwest at the end of July. It's a part of the country that I haven't had a chance to experience. It's also where my father, Bob and his wife Adena live. We'll be spending time with them, based in Bellingham, as we tour the beautiful but rugged landscape of the Cascades. I'm sure I'll have tons of new images to share when I return. The act of reminiscing serves to remind us of past escapades, forgotten essentials and bright spots in an otherwise average agenda. We had one such moment in Central America while on tour at a Botanical Exhibit. Our native guide took a moment from his narrative to point out this delicate hummingbird atop her tiny nest. The entire structure was no more than two inches across and while the garden was teaming with people, she just sat there, stone still, giving warmth and shelter to her eggs. Even the intrusion of camera lenses didn't send her away.

No comments: