Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The Uniqueness Of Nature

I had an unusual opportunity while we were dismantling our booth in Sugar Hill on Sunday. A Luna moth flew by and perched on the tree branch over my head. While they are not rare, it is rare to see them in the full light of day because they are nocturnal. One must look in the shadows to find them resting. This one had secreted it's location inside a cardboard box and when the vendor picked up the box to begin packing, it was slightly damaged and flew away to the nearest shade it could find, my tree. Since picking up my camera professionally, I've never had the chance to capture one which of course is a figure of speech. Sadly, the moth was at the end of its' life cycle and fell to the ground moments later. I will continue my search for these beautiful creatures, but for now, this image of the moth resting in the shade of a maple tree will have to do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice detail on the moth. I can relate to the feeling of having its body banged up and looking for a quiet place.

My best to you and Carl.

-- Tom