Friday, May 21, 2010

Hurray For Capitalism

The drive from Marco Island to Miami was uneventful and when we turned the rental car in at Thrifty, we were informed they provided a shuttle to the Port of Miami. That saved us a taxi fare of $24.00. That’s four beers on the cruise for Carl. Outstanding! The process of check in was smooth and effortless. By 1:00, we had already spent $18.75 for the soda program. For those of you who haven’t taken a cruise lately, you purchase a specific cup which can be filled with as much fountain soda as you can drink for the duration of the cruise. The cruise line charges $6.25 per day for the program and if you just purchased a soda at the bar, it would be about $3.00 with tax and the 15%autogratuity which is conveniently added for you. After the obligatory boat drill ( no life vest required this time ), we sat by the pool where there was pounding bass music with words that just repeated themselves over and over. I’m not sure if it’s called hip hop, grunge or gangster rap. I just know it doesn’t do a thing for me. I hate to admit it but I’m getting old. I want to be able to understand the words, feel all of the music and not come away with my ears hurting. We’re off to the theatre after dinner to “listen to” 70’s music. I’ll bet I know most of the words to most of the songs.

No comments: