Monday, July 4, 2011

Day 19- Housekeeping

Yes, I said the “H” word but there are a number of chores we had to do today. Both of us took showers and then I got some much needed laundry done. I rearranged a closet in the camper that was bothering me and Carl rearranged the back of the truck so we could reach things better. Carl paid some bills while I edited some photos. Then Carl cooked lunch and I wrote out some post cards. Then it was time to leave for the Cody Stampede, our first rodeo. I argued with myself whether to take the camera or not, taking it won out. Once I got there I filled up one of my media card. We had a great time, Carl had a Jeremiah Weed, his first and most likely last while I had an ice cream sandwich with chocolate chip cookies. Carl says I made the better choice. Later we each had a hot dog. The events were fast paced, bareback bronc riding, saddle bronc riding, calf roping, barrel racing and bull riding. We were back to the camper by 8:30 and listened to local fireworks until Mother Nature decided to put her two cents worth in. Strong winds, torrential rains and some fair thunder and lighting put an end to the campers fireworks and most likely, Cody’s fireworks were washed out as well.

2 comments:

Tom Viola said...

Ok.. What is a Jeremiah Weed? Sounds illegal.

Tom Viola said...

I guess it is a bourbon and tea drink... if Google is correct.