Monday, July 18, 2011

Day 33- Packing and Loose Ends

oday was service day for the truck and it’s probably a good thing we scheduled it for today. I could hear the pitter patter of little droplets on the roof of the camper most of the night. Sure enough, it was still pitter pattering when we got up this morning. After a thorough service costing much less than I had figured, we wound up at, you guessed it, WalMart to get the groceries for the next five or six days while we are in Denali. We’ll leave in the late morning and only have to travel about 125 miles. I hate to break my record but will most likely have to wash the huge bathroom and kitchen floor this afternoon. Something sticky has found it’s way there and, well, there’s no getting around it any more. I’ve been getting lots of positive feedback about the photos I’ve been posting on face book. Thanks so much for all of the comments. It lets me know someone is looking. Later today we’ll pick up the generator from the repair shop and go visit Santa at his summer home here in North Pole, Alaska. And some of you thought he lived in Jefferson for the summer, didn’t you? In the morning, yes you guessed right again, it will be showers and laundry. I don’t think we’ll have much chance while we're at Denali. It seems once we check in and go to our site, that’s it. We can’t go any further into the park unless we’re on a tour. We have signed up for one of those which will be on Thursday. We’ve been here for three days and Carl has just figured out our site is equipped with a cable hook up. He’s spent the last hour trying to get the wiring just right. No luck! That’s kind of sad and so is my lack of inspiration to get out there, dodge a few rain drops and take some pictures. And just like Carl’s television signal that will disappear tomorrow, so will my internet connection for a few days. I will continue to create posts and as soon as I get connected once more, I promise to get them caught up. Pictures, too!!!

No comments: