Thursday, April 26, 2007

"All My Bags Are Packed.."

I woke up, this morning, humming the words of that Peter, Paul and Mary tune and thinking how corny it sounded. But part of it is true in a way. I suppose it could have just as easily been the words, " On The Road Again". In fact, the suitcase is packed. The racks, mats, framed pieces and every thing else I need to exhibit my work are in the truck which is pointed towards the driveway. Even the cooler is ready for travel. It would seem that everything is under control so why is it I have this nagging feeling that I've forgotten something important? Actually, this isn't a new feeling. I get it every time we travel. The feeling this morning is a good thing. It would be a bad sign for me to be completely confident that everything is ready and all is under control. Still, it makes me wonder. Have I done everything I can to be ready for this first show of the season? It's a long event; three days and it's a fair distance from the house; St. Albans,VT. I have a few hours to sit and obsess about it and perhaps I'll even think of a couple of minor things to toss into the bag before it's stowed in the back of the truck. When all is said and done, everything will turn out just fine. Nothing important will be left behind and in the event that I have forgotten something, there are stores to shop in where we are going. St. Albans is not the end of the world, after all, but you can see it from there.

This post had been completed when my husband called from his place by the dining room window to tell me of the two deer that were grazing just a few feet from the house. I went into stealth mode and headed for the camera. Unfortunately, we didn't see their three companion sentinels on the other side of the house and all five bolted when I opened the living room door. I do, however, have a plan in motion. The photo was not taken on my front lawn.

No comments: