Monday, July 16, 2007

Nearing Take Off

The suitcases became officially open today. With the amount of traveling that we do, there is always a certain amount of stuff in them at all times, things like sewing kits, sandals, sun block, hats and bathing suits. Today is the first day of packing. It's a tremendous task to plan for three climates along with three pastimes. Water, cold and heat combine with ocean life, mountains and the tropics to provide the ultimate in photographic, sightseeing and vacation experiences so here is the dilemma; to pack the appropriate amount of gear for all possibilities while limiting both suitcases and weight. I begin with "lists" of things needed and end up with a list of my lists. Don't laugh because until the time we actually land in Seattle, I will have this nagging feeling that I've forgotten something. Carl is always telling me that we aren’t going to be in the middle of the ocean or on the moon and whatever we’ve forgotten ( meaning me ) we can always find a place to buy it. Travel time is almost upon us. In fact, there are so many things to do before we can leave that I’ve been trying to plan each day to it’s maximum. Today is a travel day, to the banks, to stock up on groceries and to the office supply store for stuff we’ve run out of. I need to pay a few bills along the way as well as dropping of some art at one of the galleries I’m exhibiting in.

No comments: