Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Bit Of Reflection

If you're following our trip for the past two weeks, please go back to look at the photos I 've just put in. It was difficult to narrow my choices down for each post. I found so many interesting mementos of our two weeks on the M/v Mercury. We've been off the ship for a couple of hours and I still feel like I'm being tossed about. Our plane leaves Fort Lauderdale around noon and takes us to Seattle by way of Boston. I know, that's not a direct route. It happens sometimes like that. Since this is a photo blog, I should probably mention that I've taken hundreds of photos, some are merely vacation souvenirs, something for me to look at over the next few years and wonder what I was thinking about when I took that shot. Others will only mean something to me when I'm reminded about the lighting or the way the subject caught my eye. That's really the basis for taking photographs. It's because something caught your eye, you were enraptured by the way the light and shadow interacted with one another or maybe it was because you'll never pass that way again. You want a record of what was because it may never be that way again. It could be as simple as a man feeding the pigeons. Now, since we haven't eaten in a few hours, it's time to look toward that next bit of nourishment before boarding our plane.

No comments: