Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gone Fishing

We’re having one of “those” days. It’s getting towards the end of our fun time and each of us are a bit cranky. Carl has gone down to the hot tub and I have been performing a few domestic engineering challenges otherwise known as housework. Yes, even on vacation at a time share, there are dishes and clothes to be done as well as clutter to be picked up or straightened . The weather is sultry with little or no breeze which just adds to the tension in the air. I’m no expert but it’s almost like there’s something brewing off the coast. Our sky from the first floor balcony is gray, the same color as the gulf water and I can so only a few people walking the beach. Yesterday, I mentioned to Carl that today would be his day to decide what we were going to do and he just shrugged his shoulders. We still have tomorrow to try to visit those manatees. I wouldn’t feel comfortable chancing it today. So, after lunch, we hopped into the car and went out towards the Everglades. We stopped at 10,000 Islands State Park and walked into the observatory tower overlooking the wetlands. On the way back we saw our first wild alligator of the trip. It only took 5 days but I must confess we really hadn’t been looking that hard. We were most of the way back to the resort when we came upon this Osprey perched on top of a utility pole. I didn’t see it then but when I came back to the unit and plugged my media card in, I was able to see that Mr. Osprey had just grabbed a fish before we came upon him ( or her ).

No comments: