Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 1- To Cobleskill, NY

We’re finally on our way. I had a meeting in Lebanon to attend last night so we drove to Quechee, VT and stayed in a lovely state park a short distance from the Gorge. After topping off our fresh water we hit the road. I haven’t traveled much, by vehicle, in the state of NY so I was pleasantly surprised to find our route winding through some beautiful farming country. Sadly, the weather made things less than photogenic but I almost relented a couple of times and asked Carl to pull over. It’s much more difficult to yell “stop” when your towing a camper. After only a minor mishap with the very good directions provided us by AAA, we found our way to our very first Wal-Mart camping area. We’ll be staying in a lot of them along the trip and I’m resisting the urge to turn this into a “Wal-Mart Across America” blog. Although I have to say, our first evening was peaceful as we were the only camper in the parking lot. The beautiful countryside I mentioned will continue through a good part of tomorrow.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Cool gram