Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 5 and 6 - In The Park

We knew it could happen. We knew, at some point, it would happen. It clouded up and rained most of the night. Monday has lousy weather and Tuesday isn‘t looking good either. So, I got caught up on editing photos and posting blog entries while I had an internet signal. Then I did some laundry and tried to think how better to arrange some of the stuff I can’t find a place for in the camper. Right now, the shower has three plastic totes full of stuff in it because I have run out of closets and drawers. Carl, meanwhile, fixed a leak in our city water supply, worked on leveling the camper a bit better, put out the awning for the very first time ever, installed the gas grill on the side of the camper for our supper meal and took the gas stove apart inside because we had a tiny “fire issue” with one of the three burners. We’ll have to find an RV place for parts on that one. It’s Tuesday now and the weather looks even more unsettled than Monday. I’ve made the decision to not go out to Mackinac Island. I’ll put this back on my bucket list. I can’t see enduring a rough crossing for a cold and windy day on an island with the prospect of gray pictures or getting drenched. This also kills plan B of driving up to Tahquamenom Falls, the second largest falls east of the Mississippi. So, we’ll have another down day, filling our propane and gas tanks and shopping for moccasins for Carl. While we were out getting the various fills, we also stopped to get a few provisions and a couple of post cards at the local tourist trap. It’s called The Indian Village. They boast a wide range of Minnetonka moccasins and a heritage museum. The very first thing I picked up was made in China. In fact, just about everything, including the moccasins, were made in China. I am so bummed that an “authentic Native American heritage site” should be filled with stuff like that. We just had a whopper of a thunder storm, enough so Carl shut off the television while it flashed and rumbled nearly at the same time. Tomorrow we’ll be off to Wisconsin.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoying your blog Val. As a fellow camper I can relate. Have a great time and I look forward to reading more. Suzy

Steph said...

Hey that is grandpa keep up withe pictures they are awesome

Steph said...

Hey that is grandpa keep up withe pictures they are awesome

Tom Viola said...

Jeanelle wants to show me Macinhaw Island someday. She is from Michigan, and loves the place. It is one of my stops on my planned trek. I do hope I have better weather.